OPEN AT LAST!
Dear Friends and Parishioners. For the past week out volunteers have worked hard to make our church safe, so that you can be confident that you will not be contaminated when you come to church. We have already seen that the system works very well.
I insist with the older members of our community, that if they do not feel safe, they SHOULD remain at home. I am sure it is only question of 2 or 3 weeks more, and then surely everything will return to normal. So, if you don’t feel safe, STAY HOME and the Lord will bless you in your own house.
I like to SUGGEST that you can take advantage of the OPEN DOOR ALL DAY, so if you want you can come when there are very few people in church; if you wish a priest will be happy to give you confession and HOLY COMMUNION. Just ask the secretary to call a priest and we will be very happy to help you. Then you will continue to pray with us through streaming.
FOR THE REST, a big and great WELCOME.
GUIDELINES FOR THE LITURGY at St. Catherine of Siena
During Corona-Virus Crisis.
1 – COMING TO CHURCH
A – There will be ONE ENTRANCE ONLY next to the main office.
B – Bring your own mask and wear it all the times, except during Communion.C – Sanitize your hands before entering the Church
D – Go to sit on the dots.
E – If church is already full, you can go to the BALCONY. If the balcony is full you can go to the HALL (Ushers will guide you)
2 – DURING THE MASS –
- Keep your mask on.
- NO singing (only the Choir will sing)
- NO sign of peace (only a simple bow).
- FOR COMMUNION remain at your seat and a minister will come to your place to give you communion. (They will wear the mask and will sanitize before and after distributing Holy Communion).(Even the priest can distribute Holy Communion by wearing the mask and sanitizing before and after).Communion should be received ONLY in the hand. If you want to receive in the tongue you will be waiting till after mass, when a minister will give it to you privately.
- 3 – EXITING THE CHURCH.
- Maintain the distance at all time.
- Exit one pew at a time beginning with the first till the last.
- Only exiting the church there will be two doors open, one at the right and another at the left. (If you have any difficulty/disability, you may wait till the end).
- Do not stop in the stairs or at the door, but continue to the parking lot and to your car
- 4 – AFTER MASS a CLEANING CREW will sanitize all the pews, the doors, the handrails… to get ready for next mass.
- FOR THE USE OF BATHROOMS: Only one at the time; ask one of the Ushers who will sanitize after each use. (Please only for emergency).There will be USHERS both at the entrance for sanitizing.
- There will be other USHERS to help you find a seat in church.
- There will be USHERS to clean the Church after each mass.
FOR WEEKDAYS we will follow the same procedures for the morning and evening mass.
FOR PRIVATE PRAYER OR ADORATION we ask that each one will wear a mask, will sanitize and clean the pew after the prayer. A station with cleaning supplies will be available next to the Baptismal font. We ask that everyone be responsible to leave the church clean.
YOUR COOPERATION IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE for the SAFETY of all.
A little bit of fresh air from the Trappist Sisters:
A message from Fr. Walter to the schools at the end of the year.