Dear Friends and Parishioners.
I want to bring to you the last decisions made by our Cardinal in reference to the last “New Restrictions Implemented in Peel Region”.
BASICALLY we have two updated guidelines:
1 – “No meetings should take place in parish halls or other church spaces at this time.” So we will cancel RECIA, PRE-CANA – ASF – MOMS GROUP – CHARISMATIC GROUPS and others. ALL THESE ACTIVITIES CAN BE ORGANIZED ON ZOOM, wherever possible.
2 – LITURGICAL CELEBRATIONS (Mass, Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms…) will continue as before: 30% of the capacity, implementing the safety measures: sanitizing, masks, distance.
- So, for us it will remain as before. We are proceeding with the CONFIRMATIONS as planned, we will have CHURCH services and prayer celebrations as before. We will stay in church, whenever needed, for all our celebrations.
- All celebrations IN CHURCH will continue as before, with the possibility of using also the HALLS.
- No need for registrations for the masses, since we are fortunate to have ample space to accommodate all those who come to mass.
PS – With the exception of the “meetings” we will continue as before. Various meditations and reflections will be offered right after the morning and evening mass IN CHURCH.
- The Italian Advent Retreat planned for this Sunday is cancelled.
- The Parish Advent Retreat will be substituted with a THREE DAYS MINI MISSION.
- Sinbangabi will be held in Church.
- Posadas will be done in streaming.
- All other activities will be VIRTUAL.
- Office will continue as usual.
Here below is the link to the Cardinal’s guidelines.
These are the Worship Safe Guidelines we adhered to at St Catherine of Siena which can be found here: https://www.archtoronto.org/covid19/Documents/Archdiocese%20of%20Toronto%20Return%20to%20Church%20-%20WorshipSafe%20Guidelines%20-%20June%2010%202020.pdf
We continue during this time of pandemic with the greatest trust in our Lord, who is the LORD OF THE UNIVERSE.
I take this opportunity to thank all of you for the exemplary cooperation you give to our great team of VOLUNTEERS, who are making our church very safe and well organized. THANKS. (Fr. Walter)