Dear Students, Parents and Teachers.
As we begin our summer vacations, I want to share with you some of the future events that we will be able to celebrate here at our church.
1 – I want to assure you that we the priests of the parish are ALWAYS available for your spiritual needs.
- By now, you are aware that we have started to celebrate the Eucharist according to the previous regular schedule. You can see the list of the celebrations in our Web Site: www.stcatherine.ca
- We have already celebrated Baptisms, Funerals, Weddings, following the guidelines of the Archdiocese. We are fortunate to have a lot of space available. In church we can accommodate 75 people; 20 in the balcony and another 60 in the Main Hall, which is connected with the Church.
- Our office is opened every morning till noon.
- You can make an appointment with a priest any time during the day, from 9:00am till 7:00pm. You can request to go to Confession, to receive Communion, and to receive also the anointing of the sick in case of sickness.
- Confessions for the public are back each SATURDAY at 4:30pm. Confessions are available also on the First Friday of the month, before mass.
2 – In reference to our Schools, we are working in partnership with our Principals, at the same time we would like to be in touch with our children, especially for those who were preparing for First Communion and Confirmation.
- As of now, the Archdiocese has decided to POSTPONE First Communion and Confirmation and to have the celebrations next year for both years 2020 and 2021.
- If the Archdiocese decides to have some celebrations this coming fall, then we will make sure that you will know about it.
3- We would like to invite our parents to be ACTIVE in the faith of their children, especially during this time, where the official ceremonies of the church are very limited. We would like to invite the parents to CELEBRATE AT HOME your faith with your children. On Sunday you should be able to participate at the Mass through streaming; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3LSYfkJx9dnOu-rf0nDsXA
don’t let a Sunday go by without the mass. During the week you should take advantage by saying the ROSARY TOGETHER. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsY9yaBsgls
This is a guarantee that your children will grow in their spiritual formation. You should also pay a visit as a family to the BLESSED SACRAMENT, who is exposed all day in church. What a beautiful moment to come as a family in front of the Blessed Sacrament and say a prayer.
4 – Finally We invite you to KEEP IN TOUCH through the media, especially through our WEB SITE: www.stcatherine.ca and through our YOU TUBE CHANNEL. All masses are streamed live so you may participate. We also have an E-MAIL going out almost every week to all parishioners. If you do not receive it, please send us your e-mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Let us keep walking together and working together especially for our children; we do not want to impair their spiritual growth because of this pandemic; they deserve to have a normal spiritual development as all of us have received in our youth.
Feel free to write or call at the office for any need od suggestions you may have.
Sincerely, Fr. Walter.
Here the same message in VIDEO FORMAT.